With its beautiful natural scenery and tranquil pond as a backdrop, People love being at Meadows, whether they’re living here or working here. Many staff members have spent the majority of their career at Meadows, and have developed meaningful bonds with the residents they care for. The restorative care program helps residents achieve their highest level of physical and cognitive functioning.
At Meadows Nursing and Rehabilitation Center we seek to create a home-like atmosphere in the dining room and have implemented decentralized dining, giving residents more choice about when and what they will eat. Residents enjoy made-to-order meals prepared by our chefs in the dining room, with a wide selection of choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Meadows is a leader in decentralized dining, creating more choice, improving meal quality and increasing socialization for our residents. Read more about our dining program in the nationally recognized magazine, “Foodservice Director.”
The Activities Department at Meadows is quite robust, with a full schedule of music, art, crafts, games, religious services, exercise classes, baking and other activities requested by the residents. Therapeutic activities are part of the mix, with pet therapy, gardening, bowling, outings to the casino and shopping trips.
An extraordinary number of teen volunteers work with the residents on a regular basis, and children from Little Meadows Learning Center, also located on campus, also visit regularly and interact with the residents, for a lively inter-generational exchange.
Skilled Nursing at Meadows includes these services and amenities:
- A semi-private, private or deluxe private room with cable television and phone access
- A registered dietician on staff to oversee dietary needs and assist with the three full meals and snacks daily
- Wound care
- IV Therapy
- Health professionals to assist with dressing, bathing, walking, medications, appointments
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy onsite
- 24-hour security
- Beauty/Barber Shop onsite
- Religious services
- Housekeeping/laundry services
- Optometry/podiatry services onsite
- Laboratory and X-Ray services onsite
- Respite care and Hospice services
- Computer/Wireless Internet access on each floor
- Monthly Alzheimer’s Support Group held onsite